- About Us
- Services & Training
- Well Being
- Travel Blog
- Events & Conferences
- Contact Us
Bali Yoga and Spa Retreat April 2014
YOGA BOUND’S ANNUAL YOGA, SPA & CULTRAL RETREAT IN BALI
This yoga retreat holiday is held in mystical Bali is set in the beautiful hills of Ubud, the cultural heart of Bali. Bali is known as “The Island of the Gods”. And there is no better place for a time out to renew the mind, body and spirit. Your host is YogaBound.com founder, Debra Bobier, YA certified Yoga Teacher E-RYT500, who has been a part time resident of Bali since ’97. And has led retreats since 2002.
Friday April 4th – Sunday April 9th
Cost: Single: $2315, Twin Share: $1975
Yoga Teacher’s Receive 18 Yoga Alliance CE’s for this Retreat
Debra says “From day one I fell in love with the natural beauty of the island. Its people and culture. And in spite of all the development which brings many issues to mind, the love affair continues to this day. I love nothing more than sharing my love of yoga, health and local knowledge of Bali. A place I know will truly be an experience of a lifetime. And you’ll see it from less of a tourist perspective. I truly hope you will join me for a magical time here in Bali. A place where I saw contentment on the faces of the Balinese people the very first time I visited. And said “I want just a little bit of that. It’s a gift I will cherish forever. And it keeps me coming back year after year after year.”
Debra’s classes are inspirational and suitable for complete beginners to experienced yoga practitioners. Her motto is “Yoga for Life. Yoga for Every Body”. But no visit to Bali is complete without a visit to the deluxe spa’s and all their wonderful treatments. And because nature is such an important part of Deb’s life, there are always scenic guided walks to some of the most beautiful places you’ll ever see. Along with cultural tours, wonderful food and lovely accommodation. Deb believes we all work hard and that everyone needs a time out to relax and rejuvenate. And this is your time. To be as you so deserve, deeply pampered. Something we obviously all need but seldom get. And it’s your chance to begin or develop your yoga practice in the most idyllic of surroundings.
See More Photos of Bali, Indonesia
6 nights accommodation at a beautiful resort (tbd)
Welcome dinner, all breakfasts and 4 gourmet lunches
Twice daily yoga & meditation with Debra and Roger Bobier
2 days Spa visits and deluxe spa treatments
90 min transformational healing massage journey
Half day cooking class
Scenic guided walks
Temple visit and other cultural tours
Core strength classes
Guided seated meditations
Yoga nidra: lying down guided relaxation for a good night’s sleep
Guided shopping tour in Ubud and Seminyak
Based on dedicated twice daily yoga practice, during the retreat we enjoy two days deluxe spa pampering at Bali’s unique spa’s, open to nature and nurturing. We take scenic walks overlooking stunning rice fields, with views of mountain ridges and through traditional villages, exploring the culture and sacred temples. We participate in a Cooking Class learning to create Balinese inspired dishes. We also spend a day in Seminyak starting with lunch overlooking the ocean followed by an amazing transformational healing massage journey.
Yoga Classes are taught by US yoga teachers, Debra and Roger Bobier. Both are Yoga Alliance certified at the highest level E-RYT500. Debra’s classes are inspirational classes and designed for all levels from the beginner to the experienced practitioner as Debra believes that “Yoga is for Life. Yoga is For Every Body”. Debra has been practicing yoga since 1994, and teaching since 2001.
A Sample Day:
8:00 am morning yoga & meditation
10:00 am: fresh juice and delicious breakfast
10.45 am off to a divine spa for deluxe treatments or one of the inspiring walks or cultural tours
1.30 pm lunch
5.00 pm: afternoon yoga
7.00 pm dinner
8 pm: yoga nidra (lying down guided relaxation for a good night’s sleep)/meditation
Every day is different. For example some days we head out for most of the day to explore, returning in the afternoon in time for yoga. Other days we may be out for a half day. Most days we eat lunch and dinner together as a group although there is also free time to explore the many cafes and shops. On free evenings there’s many wonderful Balinese music and dance shows to enjoy.
Staying at a picturesque Resort (tbd) with a lovely pool for lazing by, situated on the town’s edge for easy access to the Ubud markets and an array of great shops and restaurants. The rooms are spacious with ensuites and there’s an in-house day spa and wonderful cafe. Ubud is a vibrant artists village full of wonderful art & cultural experiences, museums and galleries located about 50 minutes drive north west of Seminyak Beach and the international airport.
If booking twin share we put you with a same sex person.
Extra night’s accommodation available on Sun 13th.
Check-in and check-out:
People arrive at all different times of the day due to flights however aim to arrive early to unwind before yoga. Official room check-in is 2 pm although rooms are often available earlier. The first yoga class and formal group welcome is at 5 pm. There’s a great cafe, pool and massage available so if arriving early in the day you can deeply relax before yoga begins.
On the last day room check-out is 12 pm however as most flights leave Bali in the evening you may opt to leave your bags at reception and use the hotel facilities. A late room check-out can be requested. Transfers to the airport, or your next Bali destination, can be booked at reception.
How to get here:
Fly into Bali’s Denpasar International Airport (DPS) from many airports. You can check all available flights from anywhere in the world using www.skyscanner.net. Airport pick-up is included in the retreat price. Once your flight is booked email us your arrival time and flight number and a Honeymoon driver will meet you. Upon registration a letter with more retreat information is emailed to you.
What participants and students say about Deb:
1) There are many words that are appropriate in describing her…kind, thoughtful, positive, honest, trustworthy, reliable, hard working, committed. All traits that make for a very good person, a very good teacher. In addition, there are the traits that she possesses that are a must for an effective person, an effective teacher. She is an excellent listener, passionate about what she does, respectful of and open to differences in viewpoints and opinions, of cultures and traditions, of lifestyles and abilities. She is understanding and encouraging in the best of life’s circumstances as well as it’s worst and she is truly an uplifting individual who imparts an energy that can make a real difference in a teaching/learning environment. I have had the pleasure of knowing Deb for 13 years and she has and continues to be a very positive and welcome influence in my life. Wanda
2) “Deb is dedicated to her students’ well-being. Her extensive experience and training allows her to draw from various styles of yoga to help students develop practices tailored to their individual needs. She provides precise instruction and coaching in an encouraging and nurturing environment.” Mona
3) “Debra is an articulate, caring & compassionate woman. She is a wonderfully earthy, soulful spirit & gives nothing less than her all to anything she chooses to do. A truly special lady…irreplaceable!” Sally
4) “Deb’s sensitivity and compassion are a natural fit for being an excellent yoga teacher. She has used her management skills well in business and now can fully give and receive in the symphony of yoga. She can intuit her students and their needs and help them find harmony in their movements and in grounding with nature. She has finally been able to put her gifts to the best and highest use of her learned and given talents.” Pat
5) “Deb has taught me many things not only through her vast knowledge and experience but also by her example. While teaching, she is always mindful of the balance between the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual sides. It makes for one of the most gratifying and fulfilling educational experiences I’ve ever had.”
6) Deb brings personal integrity and a sense of balance to the practice of yoga, and to all she does. Paul
7) Deb is the real deal. A sincere person, her most conscious life aim appears to be her understanding and sympathy for humanity. She is a wise and empathetic advisor/counselor with excellent communication skills, a pleasurable emotional nature, and strong, open handed attitude. She is an inspiration. Lisa Boing
6) Deb is an intriguing, strong and wonderful woman to boot. She has great insights on life and I continue to learn so much from her. Shannon
7) Debra was my teacher for my yoga certification during the time that I was recovering from my first round of cancer treatment. She was patient, encouraging and enthusiastic about my training. She was also extremely helpful in suggesting modifications of poses that I could use for seniors and cancer patients. I was also impressed with Debra’s in depth knowledge of yoga, the history of yoga and the sanskrit names for the poses. Sharon
YOGA IN BALI RETREAT TESTIMONIALS
“If you have come so far that you are reading the testimonials…. book the retreat!!! You will not be disappointed. The bali retreat provides the perfect environment to get away from it all, spoil yourself, meet new people, spend time on your own, and develop your yoga practice. Deb and Roger are very professional and inspiring.” Lisa
“Debra’s yoga knowledge was incredible, her guidance reassuring. The treatments were enlightening and healing. Bali a wonderful place. Thank you to the teachers and students for a fulfilling week.” Pat
“Our aim was to have time away together somewhere where we could relax yet be active. This yoga week in Bali has surpassed all our expectations with its people, beauty and intensity. We have renewed, relaxed and re-energized.”
“I came to the retreat not knowing what to expect, but looking for inspiration. Well, I definitely found that inspiration! The teachers were wonderful and created a harmonious, non-judgmental, serene environment. I feel recharged and invigorated and look forward to developing my own yoga practice. I would definitely recommend the retreat and would love to return.”
“An amazing week with amazing people. Debra created the perfect environment to promote both enthusiasm and peace. My yoga has improved dramatically through Debra’s daily instruction and adjustments. I think this may become an annual pilgrimage!”
“The Bali retreat was excellent with the perfect mix of yoga and tourism. The yoga itself catered to all levels and Debra and Roger were excellent at providing hands on assistance to those who needed it (I was one!). I think the supervision really helped advance my practice. Ubud and its surroundings were also a highlight and somewhere I would readily return. The accommodation was fantastic and the organised non-yoga activities were a breath of fresh air. The food was wonderful and whole retreat was flexible – I never felt that I was caught up in a lettuce-eating yoga boot-camp, in fact, it was nothing like it.”
“A well-balanced, nurturing retreat where it’s all about You! Debra Bobier’s Yoga sessions are effective and versatile, making sure that everyone of any yoga level will get the most out of their practice. I realized that in only one week I can improve my flexibility, attempt new postures and learn to listen to my body’s capabilities and limits. Combined with pampering Spa treatments and Debra’s local knowledge of the area, this retreat will leave you feeling renewed, empowered and ready to face the world again!”
“The week in Bali has been journey of self discovery and reflection. I arrived anxious, stressed and tired and I left feeling lighter, happier and clearer in my mind having learnt so much about myself. Thanks to Debra and the wonderful group of people on the retreat, the practice of yoga, meditation and eating a healthy diet are now part of me and my everyday living. Through meeting these beautiful people I have gained so much inspiration and knowledge about yoga and life that I have made many positive changes to my own lifestyle. This retreat was like chicken soup for the soul. Thank you again so much. I can’t wait to return to the next one!”
“Along with my husband, we recently treated ourselves to an amazing three weeks in Bali with Debra. Being totally removed from our day to day grind, we were able to submerse ourselves into yoga practice and achieve a inner peace and relaxation (4x full body massages did help!), that we have never had. We are beginners at yoga and we were thrilled at our improvements within the week through the support and guidance of Debra and Roger. I can not recommend this retreat more highly.”
“It has been a privilege to experience this gift of teaching, learning and healing. I leave with a strong commitment to follow my yoga practice and my own goals, and an open heart to all that comes my way.”
“Thank you for a wonderful retreat. My yoga, core strength, breathing and focus have definitely improved AND I feel radiant! Mission accomplished. Well done! I will be back.”
“The standout thing for me on this retreat was slowing down my pace. I was so wound up on arrival that the yoga, food (and company), beautiful setting and unbelievable pampering treatments completely bought me peace. I can’t thank you enough. I feel completely rejuvenated.”
“I came away from the retreat feeling energized and pleased with my improvement. It was a really peaceful retreat. Thank you for a wonderful experience.”
“The YogaBound Retreat is led extremely well. Debra and Roger have what it takes to relax ones mind, body and spirit. The retreat was so much more than I anticipated. I highly recommend this retreat without reservation.”
“Let yourself experience an indulgent week. Forget time and worry and let yourself go. These yoga sessions will only bring you closer to a magical experience in a magical place.”
‘I planned this escape after going through a tough time and thought it was time to give something to ‘me’. Debra and Roger were amazing and provided classes to cater for all yoga abilities; adequate support to ensure correct technique and just a genuine open trusting environment both physically and emotionally. I met some amazing like minded people. I would definitely do it again!’
“Being in the tropics, eating wholesome food, exercising daily and being pampered was definitely the right ingredients to revamp the feeling of relaxation and happiness. To wake and commence yoga at 8am was calming, the massages and body treatments allowed more time for my mind and body to release built up tension. By the end of the YogaBound Retreat there was a great sense of achievement as my yoga had progressed and I had had a wonderful time by myself and in the company of wonderful people”.
More on Yoga and Bali:
Yoga is a gift that serves and nourishes us at every level of our being. It contributes to greater well being in all domains of life and will help you discover gifts within yourself that have remained unopened since your childhood – gifts of peace, harmony, laughter, and love.” No matter where you are right now in your life, whatever transition may be occurring, this retreat will enable you to tap into the vast resources deep inside yourself, and come out a stronger, healthier, happier person. It is truly a once in a lifetime experience that will “Transform Your Life”. It is an ideal retreat for single’s, couple’s, beginner’s or seasoned practicioner’s with many various styles of Yoga, and Meditation integrated seamlessly.
With airfare your biggest expense, we would really recommend staying longer on either, or both sides of the retreat. While you are here for the retreat I am offering an all inclusive adventure extension for those that can take advantage of their time in Bali. This would include bicycling from Mt. Batur downhill to the Elephant Park, Tirtta Ganga, Whitewater Rafting trips, etc..
- Your airfare to Bali. And there are some good deals out there right now.
- Visa on Arrival (approx. $10.00 for 10 days, $25.00 for 30 days).
- Personal Services other than those mentioned above.
- Food & Drink – other than what is mentioned above. (You can eat at most restaurants for $4.00 – $8.00.)
- Personal purchases, incidentals, tours, etc., usually about $25.00 per excursion.
- Departure Tax 150,000rp (approximately $15.00)
- There are ATM’s all over Bali. I would suggest using this rather than bringing a lot of money. Schwab Bank reimburses for any ATM fee, and these can get costly.
- Internet is readily available, though not high speed. But we suggest getting off the grid and unplugging as much as you can. As the benefits to this are amazing as experience what it’s like to completely unwind, free yourself from the demands of your modern western lifestyle, and go inward for a deeper self discovery experience.
The Benefits of this Yoga and Meditation Retreat:
- Tips on cultivating a healthier lifestyle.
- Greater strength, movement, power and flexibility.
- Reduced Stress and Tension on a deeper level.
- More awareness, focus and concentration.
- Self Inquiry into your thoughts and feelings.
- Recognizing your strengths with positive thoughts.
- Letting go of limiting ideas and out dated thoughts and beliefs.
- Shifting from force to power to acceptance.
- Developing a strong sense of self and purpose.
- Renew your joy and zest for life
- Improved concentration
- Breath control – the breath is one of the most used tools in the practice of yoga and meditation. The mind gets distracted with things that have happened in the past, future, and everything else. The breath is something that happens in the present, every second, and focusing on it will help us to find the concentration.
About your Instructor:
Deb Bobier is certified and registered Yoga Instructor/Therapist at the highest level, E-RYT 500 and founder of Yoga Bound. She has over 3500 hours of Hatha Yoga training in the Ashtanga, Iyengar, Kundalini, Leya and other Styles of Yoga.
Her intensive personal training is ongoing, with well known and respected teachers in the US, Australia, and India. And includes Yoga Philosophy, Ethics and Lifestyle, Anatomy and Physiology, Teaching Skills and Practice, Adjustment Skills, Restorative Postures, Partner Yoga, Pre & post natal Yoga, Yoga for those with medical issues, Meditation and Pranayama, Sequencing, Prop Usage and Asana preparations and modifications, Stress and Relaxation Management, Breath Work as well as other techniques and healing modalities.
Ally Ford Annette K Scott Articles Ayurveda Bali Central & South America Denise O'Dunn Events Featured Featured Studio Haris Lender Holistic Healing India Inspiration Luminaries Meditation Partners Philosophy Pranayama Southeast Asia Thailand The Chakras The Practice Tradition/History Travel WellBeing Wisdom Yoga for Kids and Teens Yoga Lifestyle